3 Proven Steps Marriage Mentors Use That Are Saving Marriages All Over The World!
How to Be Equipped to Become a Marriage Mentor
Many people have written to Love and Respect about their vision and passion to mentor other couples with the Love and Respect message. After many years of prayer and evaluation we have launched the Love and Respect Mentoring Ministry in partnership with Dare To Be Different. Here is what we offer churches and couples.
The Three Proven Steps
- MEDIATE - We train lay people how to create 'peace' using a powerful mediation technique. This equips lay people to be ready for any issue, anytime.
- TEACH - We created a 19 page comprehensive scripture reference guide equipping mentors to teach biblical truth that is relative to every issue they will mediate on. Mentors don't have to be bible scholars, just use their mentor guide to identify what scripture to use when mentoring a couple. Our teaching and mediation process is wrapped in the Love and Respect message.
- CONFRONT - Confronting core issues (sin) can be the most important part of mentoring a couple. Unless we get to the 'heart', we won't see change. Our process gets couples to look within their heart and enables them to come to full repentance and forgiveness with often yields real healing and sometimes salvation. These three steps make our process the deepest and most effective marriage mentoring method available.
What it is: It is a hands on method of mediation and negotiation, empowering couples to solve their own issues. It is unique in that it is designed to be effective for premarital couples, couples wanting to enrich their marriage and couples in crisis. The role of the mentor is to mediate first, teach biblical truths second and confront core issues third.
What it is NOT: The Love and Respect Marriage Mentoring program is not another teaching curriculum. It is not a replacement for clinical or pastoral counseling.
The role of a mentor couple: The role of the mentor is to mediate first, teach biblical truths second and confront core issues third over a 10 week period. Mentees love it because it is focused specifically on their life issues and they enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when solving their own issues. Mentors love it because it is a very structured, yet an easy process to follow and they don't feel pressured to "fix" couples.
Marriage mentoring is a process for training key couples in your church to mentor other couples, especially those in crisis. "Live" or video instruction is available. All administrators and mentor couples will be given the necessary tools to implement the program in your church.
The Church Start-up Kit has everything your church needs to launch a marriage mentoring ministry and is perfect for those who cannot attend a 'live' training. The system is designed to train healthy couples how to mentor pre-marital couples and couples in crisis. A facilitator guide will help your mentors implement all the critical steps. Access the church startup training kit that will allow you to train mentors and implement the program.
The Training Kit includes everything a mentor couple will need to get started and is perfect for those whose church is not ready to train up a team. The kit is designed to train healthy married couples to mentor pre-marital and at risk couples. Everything you need to become a Love and Respect certified mentor couple is in this training kit.
Are you interested in onsite training for your for your church?
The trainer will:
- Coach mentors while practicing on each other.
- Consult with church staff to build a 5 year strategy.
- Train your staff how to recruit hurting couples to come forward and register for marriage mentoring.
Please contact us for more information and pricing.
Access the online video training if you have purchased a Startup-Kit or have been trained live. You will be able to watch all 4 segments of the Marriage Mentor Training System. Simply log in with the username and password you created when you purchased the Startup-Kit. You can watch the training from home or in a classroom setting.
The Marriage Mentoring program is divided into two processes; the church staff responsibilities and the mentor responsibilities. The church staff will select an Administrator (a single point of contact) for all the mentoring needs. The Administrator will place all couples in need of mentoring with a mentor couple.
Are you an administrator for your church mentoring program? There is an easy 5 step process for facilitating this. Click below.
In the Couple Survey Center you can access surveys for your church and login as an administrator or mentor to facilitate surveys for your mentee couples. Whether communication, faith and values, sex and romance, etc., this detailed and informative survey for couples will provide needed and useful information throughout the mentoring process. If you are ready to access the survey center click below.